Sergey Titov

Shattered Skies: Badlands 2018 plans

Some pieces of information we're ready to share today. Please note - we're not intended to keep this forum active for now, as we're working on a game, and as of right now it's not clear who will be releasing game in a western markets. So we don't want to make any promises whatsoever, except some facts layed out below.

1. Badlands will be released on Steam platform as well as standalone version at same time.
  2. Game will be F2P from the start and will not require you to buy any "early access" if you already own Shattered Skies. Most likely game will not have any "paid early access" at all, but all this is TBD.
  3. Game will be mix of free PVP in open world and bunch of PVE activities and raids. PVE raids will be happening in a PVE environment, so no grieving.
  4. Game will rely on players to find materials and blueprints to use on "3D printing stations". Okay - glorified crafting here, but bottom line - almost all in-game gear and items and consumables will be coming from those "3D printers", and not from vendors, cash store, etc, etc.
  5. Materials, both common and rare as well as blueprints will be coming from world loot as well as from completing missions given out by NPCs.
  6. There'll be part of the map separated from the rest of the world to seve as global "safe zone" aka Social Hub - very same way Destiny had Citadel for example. This is where you start game, where you going thru tutorial and from where you deploy into main area of the map. Unlike Destiny our "home base" is located on a same map as rest of the game world - so no loading/changing servers time.
  7. There'll be vehicles available on a map
  8. AI for mobs are being redone. They will play much larger role in a game, with focus more on fighting aliens than other players - yet as I've said - game is open world PVP, so unless you're participating in PVE raid, you can be killed by other players.
  9. Weapons and gear can be upgraded and fine tuned. There'll be more attachments available, attachments will affect gear/weapons stats. Lots of potential for minmaxers here.
  10. Cosmetic items will be available thru lootboxes, which are received either for completing quests, got from vendors in exchange for specific items, and some can be bought outright using cash currency.
  11. There'll be no private servers at least for launch, but there'll be way for streamers to play on a specially designated servers to avoid streamsnipers, grievers.
  12. Map was redesigned and changed, but it will be relatively familiar to veteran Shattered Skies players. Focus of the redesign is on making more "landmarks" on a map, so players can get easier to orient themselves in a world.
  13. When you die you will lose only loot items you got by looting world or thru quests in a main world. Ie you will not lose gear you brought in from home Base.
  14. Main core game loop will be something like this :
    1. Stack up and tune your gear in a home Base
    2. Deploy in a world
    3. Fight aliens, participate in raids, public events, find loot, complete quests given by NPCs. Kill other players if you like
    4. Extract your loot to Home Base thru extraction points.
    5. Sell loot or convert it into usable crafting materials
    6. Rinse and repeat.

Guys, one more time - we're not trying to actively participate on forums right now, as we don't want to make promises that won't be kept. You may not even be dealing with us as operators and publishers of the game, so we don't want to set tone or expectations for community style too.

We have your emails, and you're most likely following Shattered skies facebook. Go play other games for now, and when Badlands is ready to be unveiled, you'll get ping from us.

See below - alien terraforming stations concept art

//s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/shatteredskies/forum/monthly_2018_01/Station1.thumb.jpg.f7c40a26df74c0f9c8301745bb42fb58.jpg//s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/shatteredskies/forum/monthly_2018_01/Station2.thumb.jpg.95fa8acea04414cc1e959eb354300ed2.jpg//s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/shatteredskies/forum/monthly_2018_01/Station3.thumb.jpg.430425ff98fdfe40f5cf411cf535b854.jpg//s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/shatteredskies/forum/monthly_2018_01/Station4.thumb.jpg.02e5a13871be5a4fec304a2d9b1b5680.jpg//s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/shatteredskies/forum/monthly_2018_01/Station5.thumb.jpg.69775991db0985bf924cb361711ac472.jpg

Station1.jpg

Station2.jpg

Station3.jpg

Station4.jpg

Station5.jpg

5 hours ago, Sergey Titov said:

13- When you die you will lose only loot items you got by looting world or thru quests in a main world. Ie you will not lose gear you brought in from home Base.

This is sort of confusing to me, so if i managed to stash something in my home base i can't lose it anymore? did i get that right? is this home base supposed to be some sort of safezone? it's probably something easier than what i am imagining, also will there be limited GI space like in shattered skies?

Sounds terrible. PVE gamemode all over.. Removing full loot drop is terrible.. Most people played the game for the PvP not bloody PvE.. We want the reward for killing people, we want a sort of pk rating, we want there loot.. Scrap that idea we beg you..

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Mattienso said:

This is sort of confusing to me, so if i managed to stash something in my home base i can't lose it anymore? did i get that right? is this home base supposed to be some sort of safezone? it's probably something easier than what i am imagining, also will there be limited GI space like in shattered skies?

1. Yes home base is a safe zone.

2. You still need to access GI there to store your items so they won't be lost.

3 hours ago, TWINKLELITTLESTAR said:

When is Badlands exactly coming out?

There's no definitive release plans yet.

This forum will work as some sort of dev blog with unregular progress reports until we'll know firm details.

1 hour ago, Sergey Titov said:

1. Yes home base is a safe zone.

2. You still need to access GI there to store your items so they won't be lost.

There's no definitive release plans yet.

This forum will work as some sort of dev blog with unregular progress reports until we'll know firm details.

Despite everything negative over the last few months, I am proud to say that I am excited to play this game again, whilst it may not be a reboot of Shattered Skies which a lot of people on this forum wanted it does seem promising, catering for both PvP and PvE audiences. 

Good luck with the development, keep us updated if you can and we'll see you soon :P

18 hours ago, ynwapeipakoa said:

Escape From Badlands? i like the idea

Destiny of Badlands Darkzones  :)

3 hours ago, Crossfire said:

Please, please, please, don't make it have too much trees like it does now. 

It'll have more trees :)

5 hours ago, Sergey Titov said:

Destiny of Badlands Darkzones  :)

If that game will be as i am imaging it will be lit af. I played TheDivision for quite a while but the way you shoot, the way you move and the shit you can throw on the ground sucks. I love the idea of the extraction so as tarkov has (that game is too meh, for me).
I know for sure that i loved the way you move and shoot in SS and, as always, im hyped. Please please please don't mess it up <3
One more thing, let Artemis do the gun balance / med cooldowns etc (i know he's not involved but just let him do that, just that - he knows what he's doing).

Peace